Copyright Statement

Copyright Statement: Please do not use any of my work without my permission. If you would like to use my work for your own personal, professional or educational work, please contact me via email at mjthetruthpodcast@outlook.com. In the email, show me what podcast episode(s) you want to use, how you would use them and why you want to use them. If I approve of it, please give me the credit and tell me and show me how my work was used for your work. Please note that if my work was used without my permission, I will do everything in my power to get it removed. Do not post any of my podcast episodes on Youtube. Thank you.

Friday, April 1, 2022

Show Notes: Episode 21: Review of the Janet Documentary (SPOILERS)

Description: This is a review of Janet's documentary JANET that was aired on A&E and Lifetime in January 2022. I will discuss what I liked/dislike, my favorite part of the documentary, why I almost did not want to watch the documentary, the pathetic mainstream media and what can Taj and other people doing MJ related documentaries need to learn from when viewing Janet's documentary. This review will have spoilers so if you have not seen the documentary and do not want to know anything about the documentary, please do not listen to this episode of the podcast. 

Michael and the Truth Podcast on Anchorhttps://anchor.fm/michaelandthetruthpodcast/episodes/Episode-20-Review-of-the-Janet-Documentary-SPOILERS-e1gkv71

Contact: 

michaelandthetruth@gmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I start this episode, I want to offer my sincere condolences to the loved ones of John Barnes. He passed away last week. He was a big part of Michael's musical career and I am going to read some information about him and post a link to his interview that he did with the MJ Cast some years back. Thank you for what you did, Mr. Barnes. Rest in Power with the greats and hug Michael for us. 

https://www.mjvibe.com/john-barnes-passed-away/?fbclid=IwAR2NvVGnZSPDR3ZvowVQB0t6HU5k5yMQ_x-K4dk6PgZAw1WQNbeMc7ryHX0


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Show notes:


From A&E's website

Initial Reaction to Documentary - 

Janet's Documentary - SMH. 

Why is she talking about Michael's issues when it has nothing to do with her or her career?

Who is telling these things to the evil mainstream media? Randy? Director?

Janet used to defend Michael but since he has passed away, Janet either defends him or ignores what people state about him. I cannot figure out her stance. 

I am worried that her documentary will be attacking Michael over a joke he stated to her when she was younger. So sad. 

Guilty by association comment - could be taken out of context but I am not so sure anymore.


 

Janet's comments on Michael from her book True You. Does she still feel that way?




Things changed when I went on Twitter. Why I should never believe the media ever again? Why I think the media made sure to imply what they implied and why they did not correct themselves?

After watching the documentary:

What I liked:

- Telling her side of the story regarding her upbringing.




- Explaining her relationships with the men she was with.  (Will discuss James' ways and Rene's ways and Wissam was not mentioned at all. Interesting.)

- Her love for her family.

- Explaining why she had to be there for Michael. 




- Her direct approach to certain topics. 


What I disliked:

- Seeing Katherine upset.

- Randy. Everything about him was bothering me.

- The man that was asking her stupid questions about Michael. It was annoying. 

So, when Janet and her brothers went to visit Michael in Las Vegas in 2007, it was to convince him to go on tour and not so called "interventions". I see. 

Joseph not being able to be a father and his children not being able to have a childhood. An interesting concept. Why didn't the Jackson siblings defend Michael when he stated what he stated about his lack of a childhood and their upbringing? 

Why were some people on social media more mad with Jermaine Dupri than with James DeBarge??? 


Explaining why Michael made fun of Janet's weight. 








My favorite part of the documentary. 




A few members of the media reported one of the most important parts of the documentary.


The media in Australia trying to silence Janet when she was defending her brother. The depths these failures will go to create a false narrative. 

No one in the mainstream media mentioned David Bowie giving Michael and Randy drugs when they were minors. Not surprised at all.

No matter what, there will always be idiots that see the very same thing you see and still create something that was never even mentioned. Their hatred for straight, black men is mind boggling. 






This documentary format is what Michael should have done with Living with Michael Jackson and Taj has work to do. 

What this documentary means for the Jacksons and their legacy? 



A special dedication:



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

References:

Articles: An tribute to John Barnes from the mjvibe.com

Book: Janet's comments about her relationship with her brother from her book True You.

Youtube: John Barnes' interview with The MJCast from youtube. Trailer of Janet's documentary from A&E's official Youtube channel. My favorite part of the documentary from youtube.

Social Media: A anon post that stated that they now understand the sleeping arrangement Michael stated years ago from Facebook. A transcript from Meredith Vierra's interview with Janet from Twitter (X). A person's account of Janet defending her siblings repost from Twitter (X). Michael's views of Janet's weight from Rabbi Schumely's book that was posted on Twitter (X). The tweets (reposts) from two blue ticks from Twitter (X), Images of a graph that compared the ratings of Janet's doc to LN, MJ and JJ trending and Janet and Randy's dedicated reposted by TSCM from Twitter (X).